. . . . .

. . . . .

Dec 31, 2012

Promise




There has been some interesting weather this week. It was rainy and unusually cold. In between the rain clouds the sun peeked through now and then. It was really quite pretty. At one point the sky was bright in one direction and dark in the other. It was the look that always happens just before the sky springs forth with a beautiful array of color. Yes, it was the rainbow sky. Perhaps you have seen it yourself on occasion. First the dark sky and rain, then the lighter sky and the rainbow.

The rainbow that appeared this week stretched all the way across the sky. It was amazing but only lasted a short time and then it disappeared. Every time a rainbow appears, I smile because rainbows are kind of like up side down smiles coloring the sky. Rainbows also remind me of God's promise to never again flood the earth with water, as happened in the days of Noah. Instead, God has flooded the earth with the light of his Son, Jesus.

God's promises are certainly a reason to smile. There are no other promises quite like his. As a brand new year begins, why not take the time to learn more about God's promises and to renew your relationship with him. He wants nothing more than to be the center of your life. Best of all, he loves you more than anyone and will bless you beyond measure...promise.

"I have set my rainbow in the loads, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life." Genesis 9:13-15


No comments: