. . . . .

. . . . .

Sep 21, 2009

He Restores My Soul

 It started out like any other Saturday. Coffee, prayer, house cleaning, and errands. One of the errands was to drive to the beach to pick up something I had ordered a month before. It was afternoon. I said a prayer for safe travel, and a parking space. Finding a parking space at the beach would be impossible on a sunny, warm day in Southern California. Concern started to set in and then the Lord put this on my heart “What do you have to be concerned about? I am in control. I set the sun on its path in the sky, formulated the seasons, even placed the limits to the ocean’s pounding surf. Relax, you are about to see my mighty hand and understand that everything is in order.” 

The drive, and the parking space, was a cinch. On the return trip I turned on a road that I had never been on before. It was Cliff Drive and it hugged the shore line. Over the past thirty years I had visited this beach many times but had never before seen the sight before me. It was a breathtaking, gorgeous, unbelievably beautiful view! The Lord revealed a masterpiece, a treasure beyond imagination. It brought tears to my eyes and joy to my soul. Of course, there was another parking space right there for me so I pulled over and took a walk. As I strolled along the cliff hugging walkway, I knew that the Lord had demonstrated His point. His ways are Divine. He is the Creator of Life, the Author of Beauty, and the Master of Perfection. Relax, trust Him, and watch Him restore your soul.

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."

No comments: