. . . . .

. . . . .

Oct 10, 2019

Door Watcher

As a child, I often would sneak downstairs once everyone was asleep to check that our front door was locked. It might have been a result of having had our home broken into once while we were out on a short visit that caused me to do this. All I know is that I secretly became the family door watcher, a role I still play to this day.

The truth is, God is our Door Watcher. He in his supernatural power and wisdom keeps watch over all the doors of our life. He knows which ones to open to allow blessings, opportunity, and perfect circumstances. He know which doors to shut and does so in love with purpose and care. 

God never leaves his post as Door Watcher. He wants what is best for your life. He will act to protect you and do what will be best even when you can't quite see the reason. 

You may not always agree with God's door decisions and be disappointed when he closes one that you prayed to be or remain open. Still, in the long run, looking back over your life you will be better able to understand God's door decisions. His fingerprints are all over the door knobs that opened the way for your journey and those that kept you from experiencing less than your purpose. 


"I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."  Revelation 3:8

No comments: