. . . . .

. . . . .

May 26, 2017

God's Love Never Fails

There is no greater example of love than Jesus. He set the example in so many ways, but none as powerful as giving His life so that you may live in eternity with God. As a follower of Jesus Christ, you are expected to love others as God loves you. That is intended to mean that you treat others with respect and kindness, care and grace. You are  to have sacred encounters and help the dear neighbor. This may be easier said than done, but still that is what God has said. 

Can you imagine loving that much? To love like you really mean it no matter the cost? A great way to check in on how you are doing with this is to review Corinthians 13:4-7 inserting your name in the place of the word "love". Try it reading the verses below placing your name in XXXX:

XXXX is very patient and kind.
XXXX is never jealous or envious.
XXXX is never boastful or proud.
XXXX is never haughty or selfish or rude. 
XXXX does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when other do them wrong.
XXXX is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. 
When XXXX loves someone XXXX is loyal to them no matter the cost. XXXX always believe in them, always expect the best of them and always stands ground in defending them.

How did you do? If you are like me, you noticed more than a couple places where love is losing. It's ok.You have time to continue striving to be all we can be in Jesus. His example, words, and love are more than adequate springboards for your heart and soul to move forward. The first step is recognizing the gap and then allowing the love of Christ to fill up and close the gap more and more every day.

May you be filled up with and overflow with the love of Jesus Christ.

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing." Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments: