. . . . .

. . . . .

Dec 12, 2011

Imagine




When I was a child, the Beatles landed in America. I can still remember how excited my older siblings were about their music. Beatle music still holds a special place in my heart. There are some songs from the early days that I really like even today. The one song I never quite understood was "Imagine". To me, it seemed John Lennon was dismissing God's existence. Although the song is beautiful, I never really liked it very much because of that. 

This weekend, I heard the song again and realized whether he knew it or not, John was in a way describing the kingdom age on earth after Jesus Christ's returns. Life in peace, no countries, no hunger, and no possessions. The Bible goes on to note the end of war, death, tears, pain, and night. All this, and a new Heaven and earth, are promised to those that remain in Christ Jesus. Imagine! 

This holiday season may the peace of Jesus Christ fill your heart, home, and life until He returns in glory.

 "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life." Revelation 21:22-27

No comments: