. . . . .

. . . . .

Dec 31, 2009

It's Official!




The Christmas season is officially over. How can I tell you ask? I was in Target tonight with my husband and the swimsuits and Valentine's cards were on display for purchase! Can you believe it? New Year's Eve is just hours away and Target is already poised for the next Hallmark holiday and the swim season? Unbelievable. I have to admit that I did have a laugh when they asked if I found everything I was looking for as I was checking out. It took every inch of my being not to respond with a comment about being disappointed in not being able to find any Easter cards or bunnies!. 

So, there you have it, Christmas is officially over and tomorrow I am going to be dismantling and taking down our 9 foot tall tree pictured here. Yes, I am a bit sad to see the holiday come to an end but with summer just around the corner I need to get ready don't you think? 


The angel at the top is from our very first house that we lived in before we had kids about 28 years ago. I actually bought her from Avon but they don't make them anymore. Here she is in a close up....




She has survived several falls and even made it through the Christmas that our tree fell to the ground twice in a few days when we had a "new and improved" tree stand. Here is one of my favorite ornaments that tomorrow will be tucked away for a whole year........

Jesus, however will not be tucked away even though Christmas and all its lovely decor will be. Jesus will remain front and center at the heart of our home and our lives each and every day for ever more.

Thank you Jesus for an amazing Christmas filled with love, family, friends, and blessings. You truly are the heart of  the season and we stand in awe of you. Thank you too for a brand New Year filled with your blessings, love and promises.

"For he alone is worthy, His glory is far greater than all of earth and heaven." Psalm 148:13

 









No comments: